We’ve had quite the year, to say the least! 2020 has stretched us to the limit at times, and the current geo-political climate is not helping. With that being said, I do believe much good has also come through the trials we’re collectively undergoing. As gold is refined by fire, and diamonds are formed under pressure, so are we refined by our trials. I have personally taken this year as an unprecedented opportunity for deep self-reflection. I have let go of some things and habits that were hindering my growth and I have a newfound deeper appreciation for my loved ones. I am learning to let go of the things that no longer serve me (negative self-talk, worrying about things I can’t control!) and to just be fully present and grateful for the many abundant blessings I do have. I hope you have been able to do a bit of the same.
This holiday season, I anticipate people will be inclined to be more mindful in their purchases, giving gifts that are meaningful and representative of their appreciation for their loved ones. Jewelry is an obvious choice when it comes to selecting a heartfelt gift imbued with sentiment. Jewelry is innately intimate, we wear it like a second skin. The best pieces are the ones you feel naked without. Read on for 5 reasons why you should consider giving jewelry this year (or maybe purchasing a gift for yourself!).
- As I mentioned, jewelry is an inherently meaningful gift to give to that special someone to let them know how much you value and appreciate them. Let them know how special and valuable they are to you with a gift that really represents it. Score bonus points with a custom piece that is personalized with engraving or birthstones, or repurposed elements from a treasured family heirloom. A bespoke article of jewelry will be treasured for years and is automatically elevated to heirloom status in its own right.
- Jewelry can be a medium for encouragement and a reminder of your resilience- something we could all use more of this year! My work is intentionally imbued with meaning that is meant to uplift and encourage the wearer. The ideas of resilience and rebirth were the inspiration for my debut collection, Initium. A piece that is worn close to your heart can serve as a daily token of resilience, a reminder that as diamonds are formed under pressure and gold is refined by fire, so are we being refined and strengthened during these trying times. As you see the pieces sparkle and feel their weight, I hope they will serve as reminders of your own resilience and strength.
- Your purchase is good for the planet we all call home. I use only recycled metals for all of my cast components and all stones are certified conflict-free. You can also breathe new life into your existing jewelry via a redesign to create a new modern heirloom that will be treasured for generations.
- You will be purchasing a gift that will retain value (and likely increase) for years to come. With market instability and uncertain economic times, gold and precious metals almost always grow in value (they’ve been steadily trending upward this year.) Fine jewelry is a timeless treasure that won’t soon be discarded or forgotten.
- You are supporting a small business when you work with me. As an independent designer, small business owner, and full-time homeschooling mom, your purchases directly impact me and my family. I am so thankful for every single order and piece I have had the honor to create. Thank you for your support and consideration!